Re: Accepted gcc-8 8-20180308-1 (source) into unstable

On 08.03.2018 19:25, Svante Signell wrote:
> On Thu, 2018-03-08 at 07:52 +0000, Matthias Klose wrote:
>>
>> Changes:
>>  gcc-8 (8-20180308-1) unstable; urgency=medium
>>  .
>>    * GCC 8 snapshot, taken from the trunk 20180308 (r258348).
>>    * Update GDC to 20180304.
>>  .
>>    [ Matthias Klose ]
>>
>>    * Remove the go patches for the Hurd. Unmaintained.
>
> Hi Mathias, the Hurd patches are not umaintained. The problem was that when the
> switch from glibc for 2.25 to 2.26 in January-February I was AFK. And glibc 2.26
> broke the patches. Contacting the gccgo upstream and other Hurd porters in
> beginning of, March, I found out how to modify the patches to make the gccgo
> port of Hurd work again. I was just about to send you updated patches when this
> new version arrived. I'll build gccgo again with version 8-20180308-1 and send
> you a complete set of updated patches (even though only some had to be
> modified): Is that OK?

well, it's not just the two past months, the patches were not integrated for GCC
7 either. I'm not convinced that we should maintain these in the distro before
they are landed at least in golang/GCC trunk.

> It would be nice to be notified about build failures of gcc-* on GNU/Hurd, is
> that possible to automate?

well, the build logs are publicly available. See

  https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=gcc-8

I am not aware of any subscription service for build failures.

Matthias