Re: Switch default GCC to 4.8 on s390x

On Sat, Nov 23, 2013 at 03:39:52PM +0100, Matthias Klose wrote:
> Am 23.11.2013 13:52, schrieb Aurelien Jarno:

> >> please update debian/README.Debian in gcc-4.8.
> >>

> > Done. That said I still don't understand why only a limited list of
> > architectures have to do that. I do not believe that architectures not
> > listed there are actually better supported in Debian.
>
> It's the other way around. Every architecture should have an entry. But maybe
> it is easier to mention which architectures currently don't have such entries,
> namely sparc, s390, ia64, powerpc, ppc64.

s390 is dead and is still only available for squeeze and wheezy, so it
doesn't matter for jessie and sid.

> x86 should be waived. we do have active contributors for kfreebsd, the hurd,
> m68k, alpha, powerpcspe, mips64, hppa at least.

If they have active contributors, I think they should also be noted
there, otherwise this file is more than useless. Or we should remove
mips and s390x entries.

> arm* is missing here, but it
> is usually taken care of by myself.

Well then why you don't add yourself there? Note that they are a few
worrying bugs on armel like #628063, #697521, #727621 that have not been
forwarded upstream yet.

--
Aurelien Jarno	                        GPG: 1024D/F1BCDB73