Re: Switch default GCC to 4.8 on s390x

Am 23.11.2013 13:52, schrieb Aurelien Jarno:
> On Sat, Nov 23, 2013 at 10:44:04AM +0100, Matthias Klose wrote:

>>> It is a commitment from my side, although s390x is well tested upstream
>>> and there is therefore not a lot to do.
>>
>> please update debian/README.Debian in gcc-4.8.
>>

> Done. That said I still don't understand why only a limited list of
> architectures have to do that. I do not believe that architectures not
> listed there are actually better supported in Debian.

It's the other way around. Every architecture should have an entry. But maybe
it is easier to mention which architectures currently don't have such entries,
namely sparc, s390, ia64, powerpc, ppc64.

x86 should be waived. we do have active contributors for kfreebsd, the hurd,
m68k, alpha, powerpcspe, mips64, hppa at least.  arm* is missing here, but it
is usually taken care of by myself.

  Matthias