Re: Handling GCC-related orphan bugs

On 14.04.2012 13:14, Manuel A. Fernandez Montecelo wrote:
Hello

I noticed that there are these orphan bugs (no maintainer set, the
package that they are filed against is not present in Debian anymore).
Perhaps there are some false positives or missing ones.

They were gathered from [1], and the ones related to GCC are filteerd
and pasted in the attached file (the list "flattened" to single lines
in a text file, easy to parse e.g. to extract bug numbers and reassign
in bulk).

[1] http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?maint=
       ^- (yes, with empy "maint" parameter)

What should be done with them, reassign?  To which package, then?

I think any reassigments would be wrong. It needs somebody to go through the list of bugs to see if these are fixed. if yes, close them, if not, then reassign them to the package they can be reproduced with. Do you volunteer to do this?

Thanks, Matthias