Re: libreoffice, mingw-w64, gcc-mingw-w64 and gnat-4.6 on armhf

Hi,

On Sat, Feb 25, 2012 at 02:16:09PM +0000, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
> > # file /usr/share/libreoffice/sdk/classes/win/unowinreg.dll
> > /usr/share/libreoffice/sdk/classes/win/unowinreg.dll: PE32 executable (DLL) (console) Intel 80386 (stripped to external PDB), for MS Windows
> >
> > i686-w64-mingw32-g++ is called.
>
>  that's different from mingw-w64, then.

Wrong. that is mingw-64. peter already said that, though.

> >> simply wouldn't even run on an ARM processor anyway seems to have
> >> entirely escaped everyone's attention.
> >
> > No. In contast, Stephen said it correctly.
>
>  actually, he didn't: in the public post he didn't mention that it was
> purely for shipping with the *windows* version of libreoffice, so that

That's wrong anyway. The windows version of libreoffice doesn't even ship
it either.

It's the *SDK* shipping this. On all archs.

For being ale to create cross-platform Java stuff there (which also then
runs on windows as intended)

> people who perform development on gnu/linux of libreoffice
> applications can ship the libreoffice application with that DLL *such
> that* the *windows* version of libreoffice will actually work and have
> access to the windows dll.

He said that, sorry.

--- snip ---
[...] is supposed to be bundled with plugins which need to access the
registry, and therefore to be able to correctly build "shippable"
plugins [...]
--- snip ---

>  your bullying and lack of forgiveness is duly noted.

And you do have one? I didn't see it formulated in your unpolite mail at least.

Regards,

Rene