Re: gfortran-4.3 the default gfortran compiler, blas and lapack uploaded to unstable

Matthias Klose writes:
> I did have a look at Camm's packages on p.d.o., fixed some obvious
> things and uploaded those to unstable; Camm did change all package
> names and the soname of all libraries, such that these packages do not
> conflict with the existing packages in unstable, therefore the
> decision to upload those to unstable.

Thanks for this!

>  - use the unversioned compiler again for all of blas, lapack, atlas.
>
>  - don't use -ffloat-store in the blas build (currently ix86 only)
>
>  - update lapack to 3.1

About Lapack, I have this to say; if you recall, you uploaded a lapack I
prepared in October to experimental (version 3.1); why not try that in
experimental with the new Blas? Please note that the current Blas in unstable
which you uploaded yesterday is the new upstream version, which _borrows_ some
code from the new lapack, so I am wondering if it would be a good idea to build
the old Lapack against the new Blas.

Also, the new upstream Lapack has several of Camm's old patches applied
upstream, so I am wondering what strategy can be adopted to counter this, as I
really don't know which patches to keep, which not to.

Finally, another very important TODO: Update Atlas to 3.8.0:
https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=23725

Thanks.

Kumar