Re: Why must libstdc++-dev depend on gcc?

Hello,

you might have forgotten to build with DEB_CROSS_INDEPENDENT to also
build a cross gcc-4.1-base, see in rules.defs:

# when DEB_CROSS_INDEPENDENT is set we build and depend on a
# separate -base package for the cross compiler.
ifeq ($(DEB_CROSS_INDEPENDENT),yes)
  with_gccxbase := yes
endif

Try to build for example with:

% DEB_CROSS_INDEPENDENT=yes DEB_CROSS_NO_BIARCH GCC_TARGET=arm
fakeroot debian/rules binary

DEB_CROSS_INDEPENDENT is not required with gcc-4.2, it has been merged
with DEB_CROSS.

Arthur.