Re: gcc-h8300-hms (4.1.1-3): FTBFS on arm

[...]
> I don't see anything obvious. It looks like the build is trying to use
> the h8300-hitachi-coff-ar which I assume it just built, and it
> basically isn't working.

Actually h8300-hitachi-coff-ar is part of the binutils-h8300-hms package, and
judging from the failed assertions and the code in coffgen.c is suspect this to
be a bug in binutils.

[...] (thanks for the pointers!)

> I think you need to debug the binary giving errors in order to get a
> better idea where the problem might lie.

I'd definitely need to debug binutils as I could neither really spot the bug nor
found anything in the upstream changelogs or any other site on the web.

However, I'm facing one issue :-) - I don't actually have access to an arm
machine. Is there anybody who could either offer me access to their machine or
help me in debugging this issue?

Thanks in advance,
Michael

PS.: Please keep CC'ing me, I'm not subscribed to either list.