Re: gcc-h8300-hms (4.1.1-3): FTBFS on arm

On 2006-11-23 23:42 +0100, Michael Tautschnig wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> First of all: I'm neither subscribed to debian-gcc nor debian-arm, so please CC
> me -thanks!
>
> I've recently adopted the gcc-h8300-hms cross compiler package, which finally
> builds on all archs but arm. The latest buildd-log may be found at
> http://buildd.debian.org/fetch.cgi?pkg=gcc-h8300-hms;ver=4.1.1-3;arch=arm;stamp=1164066170
>
> This may well be a bug in binutils, but I'm wondering whether there is anything
> really arm specific that I am missing here!?

I don't see anything obvious. It looks like the build is trying to use
the h8300-hitachi-coff-ar which I assume it just built, and it
basically isn't working.

That could be all sorts of things wrong, but the stuff which usually
causes problems on arm are: chars being unsigned by default, structure
packing being different from other arches, and the floating point
format being odd. There are a few details on
http://wiki.debian.org/ArmPort which may provide clues.

I think you need to debug the binary giving errors in order to get a
better idea where the problem might lie.

Wookey
work: http://www.aleph1.co.uk/                 play: http://wookware.org/