Re: gcc-4.1: debian/patches/gcc-long-double.dpatch fails to apply

Ludovic Brenta writes:
> Matthias Klose <doko@cs.tu-berlin.de> writes:
> > sorry, I did check in changes on the sid branch, which are not target
> > for etch. If we do want to make modifications for the etch target, we
> > should work on branches/etch instead.
>
> Well since Etch is frozen, the only thing that would justify an Etch
> branch is a security vulnerability or other release-critical bug that
> requires patching.  Currently I see no need for an Etch branch.

fine.

> So, could you please explain exactly what the "sid" branch is supposed
> to build on?  In other words, what does it assume?

prepared for sid unfreezing again after etch is released. the first
thing to do is to update glibc and then binutils and gcc. You can find
both versions needed in experimental.

> I propose to revert the offending changes in the sid branch; if you
> want to commit changes not intended for sid, create a new branch for
> them.  Would you care to suggest a name for that new branch?

Please do not. We really don't need it. I consider sid as the trunk.

  Matthias