Re: gcc-4.1 [gfdl] documentation packages for non-free

On Sun, Sep 17, 2006 at 12:06:02AM +0400, Nikita V. Youshchenko wrote:

> I've created gcc-4.1-doc-non-dfsg package, intended for non-free. This
> package builds several binary packages (cpp-4.1-doc, gcc-4.1-doc,
> gfortran-4.1-doc, tree;ang-4.1-doc), that contain all files - man pages,
> info and html docs - that have been in gcc-4.1 4.1.1-10 package [last
> version before documentation removal], but are not in the current
> 4.1.1ds1-13 package.
>
> I'm going to upload this to non-free.
> But before that, I'd like interested people to look into the package, and
> give any comments they feel appropriate.
> Currently, I've put the package to
> http://zigzag.lvk.cs.msu.su/~nikita/debian/gcc-doc/

Why is this a native Debian package? I know that the tarball it is based
on is not one distributed as such by upstream, but it is based on files
from an upstream source. The way you do it now, you can't see what you
have changed in the documentation, because there is no diff.gz file.

      Guus Sliepen <guus@debian.org>