Re: glibc built with gcc-4.1 (update)

Aurelien Jarno <aurelien@aurel32.net> writes:

> Falk Hueffner a écrit :
>> Aurelien Jarno <aurelien@aurel32.net> writes:
>>
>>>On arm, ia64 and alpha the glibc fails to build with gcc-4.1.
>> On Alpha the problem is:
>> {standard input}: Assembler messages:
>> {standard input}:341: Error: macro requires $at register while noat in effect
>> {standard input}:374: Error: macro requires $at register while noat in effect
>> {standard input}:438: Error: macro requires $at register while noat in effect
>> {standard input}:471: Error: macro requires $at register while noat in effect
>> make[3]: *** [/tmp/buildd/glibc-2.3.6/build-tree/alpha-libc/misc/ioperm.o] Error 1
>> Hrm. gcc puts .arch ev4 into the .s, and this overrides -mev6 for as.
>> I cannot really think of anything better than
>
> Ok, thanks a lot, I will add it in the SVN soon.
>
> Do you think it is a fix or a workaround? Or rather do you think this
> behaviour is correct?

Well, the right thing to do would be to turn arch to ev6, and then
restore it to whatever it was previously; with this patch, it remains
turned on for the rest of the file and could potentially hide errors.
However, I don't think that's possible with gas. So given this
deficiency, I don't think there's a better way.

--
	Falk