Re: libgmp3c2 vs. libgmp3 - Maxima and gfortran don't go together

On Thu, Nov 24, 2005 at 10:36:14AM +0100, Pawe? Machnikowski wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using Maxima in my work and I now also need to install the gfortran-4.0
> package (testing). But the former works only with libgmp3, while the latter
> only with libgmp3c2 (it sais "libgmp3c2 | libgmp3c2", which looks strange).
> Is it a bug or just an effect of using the stable distribution which will
> disappear automatically at some point of time (so I just need to wait a
> while)?

I'm not sure what you think is a bug, but I can comment on gmp.
Package libgmp3c2 is the same old libgmp3 except that it has been
compiled using gcc 4.  Packages were renamed due to the C++ ABI
transition (libgmp3 used to have a C++ library in it).

-Steve