libgmp3c2 vs. libgmp3 - Maxima and gfortran don't go together

Hi,

I'm using Maxima in my work and I now also need to install the gfortran-4.0
package (testing). But the former works only with libgmp3, while the latter
only with libgmp3c2 (it sais "libgmp3c2 | libgmp3c2", which looks strange).
Is it a bug or just an effect of using the stable distribution which will
disappear automatically at some point of time (so I just need to wait a
while)?

Looking forward to any hint.
Best regards
Pawel