Re: Reopen 172031 (not fixed)

> > I would have been (and would still be) happy to do additional research
> > if you can let me know what you and/or the GCC developers need from me
> > over and above the test case I provided with the original bug report.
>
> Looking over the bug report trail, it seems they asked for more information,
> and nobody responded.

I don't dispute that someone asked for more information and that nobody
responded.  It's just that no one asked *me* for more information, which
I would have been happy to provide.

> You need to provide more information; a good place to start would be
> the "how to submit a proper bug report" docs for both Debian and GCC.

That's an awfully presumptuous statement, given the level of detail in
my initial bug report.  I'm going to assume for the moment that you
didn't mean it to be as rude as it sounded.

The only open request for information I see in the bug report is:

   No there is no way to confirm this any more because NBIO does not
   compile any more with the current compiler, can you try it and tell
   how to download NBIO and compile it?

NBIO does compile and is not difficult to find; but no one really needed
me to provide this information, as the nbio source package and
libnbio2-java binary package are right there in main, where apt-cache
can easily find them.

And yet, the bug report was closed with this explanation:

   Closing this report.  The NBIO files aren't available anymore and nio
   has been merged into libjava already (get a recent gcc-snapshot
   package).

This is what I object to, mainly.  The NBIO package certainly does
exist, and besides that, providing NIO in libjava doesn't fix the
problems encountered by NBIO (since NIO and NBIO are not the same
package).

So, as I said in my first email, I'd be happy to do additional research
if someone can let me know what they need.  In the meantime, I've added
some comments in the GCC bugzilla report and I guess I'll manage it
myself from this point forward.

Thanks,

KEN

--