Re: default CPU target for ix86 based ports

On Thu, 2003-08-07 00:48:04 -0400, Daniel Jacobowitz <dan@debian.org>
wrote in message <[🔎] 20030807044804.GA20901@nevyn.them.org>:
> On Thu, Aug 07, 2003 at 06:43:35AM +0200, Jan-Benedict Glaw wrote:
> > On Wed, 2003-08-06 23:08:22 +0200, Matthias Klose <doko@cs.tu-berlin.de>
> > wrote in message <[🔎] 16177.28230.634867.251269@gargle.gargle.HOWL>:
> > > Jan-Benedict Glaw writes:
> Suggest you read the list archives before raising this discussion
> again.  It had nothing at all to do with optimization, either ours or
> theirs.

However, that's what I got out of it. OTOH, -march and -mtune = i386
would break Pentium-IV and Athlons, wouldn't it? Why not stick to that?

MfG, JBG

      ret = do_actions((curr | FREE_SPEECH) & ~(IRAQ_WAR_2 | DRM | TCPA));