Libraries link order on Sparc

(Please CC me on replies as I am not subscribed to the list, thanks)

Hello,

I have a package (sdcc) which create a library called libutil.a during
its build process. Then this libraries is linked to several binaries
with -L.. -lutil.

There is also a libutil.a in /usr/lib provided libc6-dev. On all
architectures but Sparc, libutil.a from the package is used. On Sparc,
libutil.a from /usr/lib is used. The problem is only present in gcc-3.2
and gcc-3.3 from sid, gcc-2.95 seems to work correctly.

Should it be considered as a bug? Is there a way to tell gcc to search
for librairies in the directories given in -L flags before than in the
system directories?

Cheers,
Aurelien