Re: planning binutils NMU (testing wanted ...)

At Sat, 10 May 2003 12:24:16 +0200,
Matthias Klose wrote:
> You can find packages of binutils-2.14.90.0.1 for alpha, arm, hppa,
> ia64, i386, m68k, powerpc, sparc and s390 on
>
> 	http://ftp-master.debian.org/~doko/binutils/
>
> These packages fix at least some important reports.  In the same
> directory there is a README.test-summaries, which compares the test
> results from the installed version on the build machines with the
> results form the newly built version. Dan already told me about some
> failures which are expected with our current glibc version. Are these
> packages good enough for an NMU?

Cool.  I think it's fine to upload it.  I rebuild the latest 2.3.2-1
with this binutils, and it looks ok on i386.  However I have not
checked this version on the other architecture.  Thanks to Matthias,
Chris, and Dan!

> - mips and mipsel packages aren't built yet. There is a lack of
>   mips/mipsel machine available to developers.

Well, it's really problem for toolchain packages.

Regards,
-- gotom