Re: MT support in testing ?

On Mon, 2003-03-17 at 18:32, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:

> Huh?  Is this your own installation of GCC 3.2?  Our
> i386-linux/bits/atomicity.h contains the atomic operations, not a
> single-threaded version.
No, it is not, it is the standard (testing) debian package. I'm not an
i386 asm expert but the inline assembler looks ok for single cpu MT
processing, but how about SMP. Does these instructions synchronize
between two (or more) CPUs ?

I have this program, that works nicely as single thread, and multithread
while using one CPU, but I get funny random (memory related) errors
while running on a SMP machine.

Am I looking in the wrong direction ?

/BL