MT support in testing ?

Hi ...

I have been spending some time, trying to make the g++ 3.2 work in a MT
environment, and it works out quite nicely, but ... I have some problems
while using strings (other things too I belive) on a SMP machine.

Now this all ends up in the "i386-linux/bits/atomicity.h" file, that
"only" contain an single threaded version (read gcc 3.2 porting guide).
So my question then is this : are there anyone how have made a pthread
version ore anything like it for linux SMP, or will STL be forbidden
while using SMP for a while ?

I have tried to make a version myself, for pthread, but the compiler
breaks down crying, with an internal error :-(

I don't know if this is the right place to ask, but as I use Debian
testing, and "atomicity.h" is a platform related thing, this seemed like
a propper place, forgive me if it's not.

Regards

/BL