Re: experimental gcc-3.2 packages

On Thu, Aug 08, 2002 at 09:58:57PM +0200, Martin v. Loewis wrote:
> Chris Halls <chris.halls@gmx.de> writes:
>
> > I have posted the test script and preprocessed source here:
> >   http://apt-proxy.sourceforge.net/ooo/g++test
> >   http://apt-proxy.sourceforge.net/ooo/test.cxx.bz2
>
> Maybe I'm missing something, but... Is it the case that
> ucb::ContentProviderImplHelper::~ContentProviderImplHelper is not
> implemented in this file? Is it further the case that this is the
> first virtual function of ContentProviderImplHelper?

Hmm, yes it looks like that is the case.

> If so, the virtual table for that class should not be emitted in
> test.o, and it appears that g++ 3.1 behaves correctly in this respect.

I take it that the 'typeinfo' should also not be emitted, as well as the
virtual table?

g++ 3.1 is actually emitting this typeinfo, along with 3.0 and 2.95 - it is
the preliminary g++ 3.2 that is no longer emitting this information.  This
is going to break OpenOffice and any other programs that rely on this
behaviour.

So, should this change be considered to be a bug fix in g++ 3.2, and
anything which breaks because of it should be fixed, or is it a problem with
g++ 3.2?  I'm pretty agnostic either way - I'm just trying to determine
which program gets the blame and which needs fixing :)

Thanks,
Chris