Re: Debian crosscompiler packages

* Matthias Klose (doko@cs.tu-berlin.de) wrote:
> Dr. David Alan Gilbert writes:

> > Erm no; avr to be gcc-avr,   alpha-linux to be gcc-alpha-linux ?
>
> assuming, that new Debian ports are made for bsd and cygwin, I would
> prefer including the os name, even for linux.

Erm - I'm confused.  The OS name that it is running on shouldn't be in
the name (They aren't in the name of any other deb); the target processor
and OS are what should be in the name - i.e.:

gcc-alpha-linux

is one producing code for an Alpha processor running Linux.

For Avr the compiler won't be targeting Linux (presumably not targeting
any OS) - so just

gcc-avr

Dave
 ---------------- Have a happy GNU millennium! ----------------------
/ Dr. David Alan Gilbert    | Running GNU/Linux on Alpha,68K| Happy  \
\ gro.gilbert @ treblig.org | MIPS,x86,ARM, SPARC and HP-PA | In Hex /