Re: new libstdc++ ABI baseline files, differences in ia64-unknown-linux-gnu baseline

B. Kosnik writes:
> On Sat, 9 Nov 2002 20:00:54 +0100
> Matthias Klose <doko@cs.tu-berlin.de> wrote:
>
> >46 added symbols
> >	1
> >	symbol
> >	_ZNSt10moneypunctIcLb0EE24_M_initialize_moneypunctEPiPKc
> >	demangled symbol
> >	std::moneypunct<char, false>::_M_initialize_moneypunct(int*, char const*)
>
> Hmm.
>
> This is what the current ia64 baseline file has:
>
> %grep _M_initialize_moneypunct baseline_symbols.txt
> FUNC:_ZNSt10moneypunctIcLb0EE24_M_initialize_moneypunctEP15__locale_structPKc@@GLIBCPP_3.2
> FUNC:_ZNSt10moneypunctIcLb1EE24_M_initialize_moneypunctEP15__locale_structPKc@@GLIBCPP_3.2
> FUNC:_ZNSt10moneypunctIwLb0EE24_M_initialize_moneypunctEP15__locale_structPKc@@GLIBCPP_3.2
> FUNC:_ZNSt10moneypunctIwLb1EE24_M_initialize_moneypunctEP15__locale_structPKc@@GLIBCPP_3.2
>
> demangled, that's:
>
> std::moneypunct<wchar_t, (bool)1>::_M_initialize_moneypunct(__locale_struct*, char const*)
>
> Which implies that the baseline_symbols.txt file checked in now is using
> the gnu locale model, and your proposed baseline symbols are using
> generic locale model.
>
> Usually this is because underlying "C" library locales are not
> installed. You can force this behavior with --enable-clocale=gnu.

this currently happens on all Debian auto builders :-( The locales are
installed, but no locales are generated. After generating the de_DE
locale, the locale test in libstdcc++-v3/aclocal.m4 succeeds.

I'll use the --enable-clocale=gnu approach now. Thanks!

	Matthias