Re: libstdc++/8516 (broken links in libstdc++ html documentation)

On Mon, Nov 11, 2002 at 10:27:16AM +0000, Jonathan Wakely wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 10, 2002 at 04:06:27PM +0100, Matthias Klose wrote:

> > 	running htdig on the installed set of html docs shows some
> > 	broken/non-existing links:
>
> The files lwg-active.html and lwg-defects.html are copied verbatim from
> the standard committee site. As most of the links in those pages are
> relative links to other pages on that site, which aren't included in
> libstdc++, they don't work.

And in fact this is documented in ext/howto.html, which is the entry point
to the LWG files.

> The other broken links all appear to be for .txt files, which are included
> with the sources. They should be ok, but it looks like they've not been
> included with the HTML files.

I checked the libstdc++5-doc package just now.  They have been included,
but (in too-stringent accordance with Debian policy regarding /usr/share/doc
files) they've been gzipped.  Not Our Problem.  :-)

Phil

                                                 - Edsger Dijkstra, 1930-2002