Re: New gcc-3.1 packages (including gnat)

On  6/04, Matthias Klose wrote:

| Then I add you to the maintainers list and you subscribe to
| debian-gcc@lists.debian.org?

Let's do that when I become available again (in 7 weeks).

| > Or gcc-gnat-3.1? If everything gets OK, no
| > problem for moving to your package.
|
| Then again, why not gnat-3.15? Or gnat-3.1? And how about naming the
| binaries? Currently the are called <tool>-3.15. _But_ the build
| process expects that the name gnatbind is available?

Not GNAT 3.15, because I do not want the new GNAT to override the
existing package that I maintain (not because I maintain them, but because
GNAT 3.14p has succesfully passed Ada Core Technologies proprietary test
suite, which is not the case for the GNAT in the GCC tree at this time).

You can of course call the tools by their real names without the -3.15
suffix, just make the binary packages conflict with and provide "gnat".

| Is there a small package with Ada source packaged for Debian, which
| can be used as a test case? Maybe not hello-world, but something with
| more than one module.

Not small, but libgtkada1 and gvd (the latter depends on the former) do
constitue a good test :)

  Sam