Re: New gcc-3.1 packages (including gnat)

On Saturday 06 April 2002 21:10, Matthias Klose wrote:

> What about woody? s390 wants to have it for woody, correct?

Yes, that would be great, but probably unrealistic. I am currently adapting
the java patch for s390, since it's still not upstream available and your
package doesn't work without it.

One showstopper for 3.1 on s390 in Debian is currently the binutils version
as I figured out recently. Every binutils version greater than 2.11.92.0.12.3
used together with 3.1 produces broken code on s390.

Btw., why are these newer binutils versions prerequisite for 3.1?

> Ada:
>

> - More architectures: Chris wrote, he wanted to build for alpha.
>   Anyone else for other architectures?

I bootstrapped it once on s390, but without luck because of my limited
knowledge of ADA needed for compiler debugging. Maybe I'll give it a second
try.

Gerhard