Re: gcc-2.95.3

On Sat, 16 Feb 2002, Ben Collins wrote:

> feasibly give you an answer because there are hundreds of ways that
> there could be a problem with the compiler in that case. Our best effort
> would simply be to point you to the list of several hundred bugs and let
> you peruse them to see if they relate to you.
>
> Or, you toss in the 3 line error you got, and get a response
> immediately.
>
> See the point?

sure. maybe i did not made quite clear, that i did not expect help with
the compilation error at all, but was asking for the current method to set
up a debian system for kernel development tasks, so that i don't get
a response of "use the right compiler version, idiot!" when i send
in some bug report to a kernel code maintainer.

see the point too? ;-)

--
peter koellner <peter@mezzo.net>