Debian woody: installing gpc-doc removes gpc

Hi!

Looks like there are b0rken dependencies around the GNU Pascal Compiler
in Debian woody. The packages gpc and gpc-doc are mutually exclusive -
installing one will uninstall the other because they are marked as
conflicting in their control files.

Is there any reason for this? It certainly strikes me as odd that I can
install _either_ the compiler _or_ the documentation for it, but _not_
_both_ at the same time. And having the documentation along with the
compiler tends to be quite useful sometimes ;-)

I have now manually butchered the packages to remove these conflicting
dependencies, but I suppose there is a reason for this conflicts?

Regards,
      Alex.
--
q: If you were young again, would you start writing TeX again or would
   you use Microsoft Word, or another word processor?