Re: g++ 2.95 and g++ 3.0

> Hm, I didn't know that "export" is unsupported in g++. Maybe you know what
> compilers support it (Borland, Watcom)? (AFAIR, MSDEV does not.)

To my knowledge, none supports it. I think IBM Visual Age accepts it,
but processes it incorrectly in some cases.

> Anyway, I am suspiciously look at "export", because it's even hard to implement it
> at all, but developers also need their template code optimization and using
> "export" it would be many times harder to implement optimization. Am I right?

I'm not sure. Only "large" template methods should be exported, so
inlining them would not change much. As for all other optimizations:
they can be done in an exported template just as well.

Regards,
Martin