Re: Some_little_problems_on_DebianPPC_on_PowerMacG4

On Mon, 30 Apr 2001 bda@free.fr wrote:

> Hi everybody
>
> I have succesfully installed Debian PPC 2.2r0 on my PowerMac G4.
>
> I would like to know how can i force the open firmware to boot on my
> AppleBootstrap partition.

	Hi

just a note before the answer. I guess debian-french means FRENCH
speaking list, don't you  ???

for the boot.

edit and configure /etc/yaboot.conf

the first time run mkofboot, with the correct options(ie the
kind of filesystem you want to create on the bootstrap partition, the
device number of this partition)

after that ybin is enough to take in account the changes you perform on
yaboot.conf

	Eric

NB the yaboot.conf is well described and explained on man yaboot.conf

NB open firmaware did'nt really boot's on Apple_Bootstrap partition, you
just tell OF to launch at first either on OF bootscript, that allow you
to choose between MacOS, MacOSX or Linux (if you want a multi boot)
it's this OF script that launch eitheir MacOS or yaboot, which in turn
boot the kernel....

--
Le robot (version 5.69 pl56-a) gérant le vote ne respecte pas l'alinéa
53bis de l'article 85 du livre 12 révision 2.