[Freedombox-discuss] Debian plan to drop support for Raspberry Pi and Dreamplug?

Quoting Petter Reinholdtsen (2013-12-04 13:31:30)
> [Jonas Smedegaard]
>> I believe proposal is not to drop the armel port entirely, but trim
>> it to no longer support _smallest_ devices.
>
> That might be better, unless Dreamplug is one of those.  The "- jessie
> supported: - [proposed dropping]" comment was not too clear for me,
> but it indicated that all armel archs supported in wheezy was planned
> to be dropped in Jessie.  I guess I overlooked the link.

You quoted a loooong text containing several links.  I guess you mean
the link in the section you emphasized:

https://lists.debian.org/debian-arm/2013/06/msg00206.html

No, I did not overlook that link - and in fact I thought you did,
because it points to a mail with the title "Dropping support for the
smallest armel machines" which discusses specifically the iop32x, ixp4xx
and orion5x kernel flavors.

Dreamplug uses kernel flavor kirkwood.

I don't know which kernel flavor Raspberry Pi uses - if any flavor
supported by Debian at all.

Do anyone actually use Debian (instead of the unofficial fork optimized
for ARMv6) for Raspberry Pi?

Anyone has some measurements on running either system on Raspberry Pi?

 - Jonas