[Freedombox-discuss] FreedomBox Unstable Image 2012.1021 Available
- Subject: [Freedombox-discuss] FreedomBox Unstable Image 2012.1021 Available
- From: firstname.lastname@example.org (alberto fuentes)
- Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2012 15:03:58 +0100
- Message-id: <[🔎] CALkubT4dtNqQVeQq9vQvXmkkjCsZy2yUAV8yJMJgOzzZGfhkemail@example.com>
- In-reply-to: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <email@example.com> <508825C7.firstname.lastname@example.org> <E26CCD48-E633-4751-A9DF-DF1481EC5C46@internetmachines.co.uk> <CAM-YhhD=pznSS54gPXTw=nhsrX5tD4bqy7J9dj=EhLvzpA8Btw@mail.gmail.com> <CALkubT4Eo988DeNc3M3k2LutbYJ7BcHC3Ziw0u7EkHO88ekmOQ@mail.gmail.com> <email@example.com> <CALkubT5XN4JkPPcr3ZydgmCT6-Pi8MUqpKGJkGnmSDOHScPnhA@mail.gmail.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Tue, Oct 30, 2012 at 5:04 AM, Nick M. Daly <nick.m.daly at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2G for now, because that's all the DP has to play with. I'm not crazy
> about building functionally separate images, but may be able to be
How about this. the dreamplug is an image intended to install in real
hardware and the vdi is just an image intended to play with and i dont
see a point in such a constrain.
Anyway maybe you are right and 2Gb is enough. I run into space
problems with 1G and had to resized the partition and thats why i
thought it was too little
>> - the clone in the mk_virtualbox_image script did not work. The
>> default folder created has the same name of the git repository leaving
>> the rest of the references to the vmdebootstrap folder non-working.
> Make sure your repository is updated. It sounds like you have a *very*
> old version. That's fixed in all my copies and appears to have come
> From forever ago [0ec7ebf1 on 2012.0822].
probably you are right, i just used master and didnt look at other branches
>> - working sshed to the box give all kind of locale errors due to not
>> having locales installed. It seems a pretty basic package.
> It takes a lot of space, IIRC. There're ways to silence the warnings
> without locales anyway. I'm not sure they're the *right* way to do
> things, but they can work. Thoughts?
Well, if the are ways, those changes should be pushed, because the
image is intended to be worked on remotely.
'ny way... just my thought... since im still pretty noob :/
> The changes
>> Not sure why you didnt like the other small fixes ;)
> Apologies, I didn't actually realize those other changes were
> intentional: inlining the diff added a bunch of linebreaks that hid the
> changes you actually made. I looked for the lines that began with a -
> or +:
> --- a/multistrap-configs/fbx-base.conf
> +++ b/multistrap-configs/fbx-base.conf
> @@ -6,7 +6,7 @@ debootstrap=Debian
> -packages=base-files netbase openssh-server zile wget iproute
> +packages=base-files netbase openssh-server zile wget iproute
> net-tools hostname module-init-tools wget resolvconf udev
> That, as a diff, made me assume you accidentally added a space at the
> end. :)
ill add a .diff file next time... I thought changes where too small to
turn it into a patch and was just going to name the changes instead of
a patch but since i already had the output of the diff i stood in
middle ground and pasted a incompresible diff instead u.u
> Alberto, thanks for your work and your time.
Sure, im looking for ways to contribute to the project... but im too
noobish yet to contribute larger patches u.u