[Freedombox-discuss] FreedomBox as a home router to replace Cisco/Linksys

An alternate idea that plays into the other thread about 'how do you deploy
this with existing infrastructure' - instead of replacing anything you
supplement.

Simple passthrough device.  Ethernet on both ends - no wifi.  Plug in
inline with whatever other device you have and it acts as a mostly
transparent device
Picture for example: http://www.superdroidrobots.com/images/TE-144-006.jpg

Detect which side is pointed towards the internet and stand up the TOR,
Pagekite, etc pointing out.  The configuration site is pointed 'inward'.
 The social networks / chat / mail systems point both ways.

Bonus points - wifi client mode.  Double bonus - wifi AP

Just ideas

Brian Drake
Austin Texas
512.850-6326