[Freedombox-discuss] http://politics.slashdot.org/story/11/07/18/0153204/Security-Consultants-Wa rn-About-PROTECT-IP-Act

On Thu, Jul 21, 2011 at 3:54 PM, Daniel Kahn Gillmor
<dkg at fifthhorseman.net> wrote:
> On 07/21/2011 04:21 PM, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
>> thus it's not going to materialise out of thin air
>> unless someone's paid to work on it. ?unless you're extremely lucky.
>>
>> [...] get the f*****g software written -
>> the debian packaging takes care of itself.
>
> Gratuitous expletives aside, this is a curious juxtaposition. ?Just
> where do you think solid debian packaging comes from?
>
> We want good debian packages because debian policy maintains reasonable
> technical functionality and cross-tool compatibility, and protects user
> and developer freedom. ?This takes work. ?People volunteer to do this
> work, or people get paid to do this work. ?None of it "takes care of
> itself".

 yes - if you observe carefully, you'll note that i fully support
this, and went to quite a lot of trouble to ensure that it was said.

 i see a general theme that people wish to see the absolute worst in
what i write.  no, that's wrong: they take what i write, then ignore
it completely, and then say "you said this shit thing about xyz".

 it's getting _really_ stale - stop it!!

 so, let's pretend that you read what i wrote, yes?  which said,
"debian packaging and infrastructure whilst absolutely essential and
the best trusted (GPG-signed) infrastructure on the planet for this
project is NOT the only thing needed.  unfortunately, ACTUAL SOFTWARE
WHICH DOESN'T EXIST NEEDS TO BE DEVELOPED".

 do i have to say it again, or are you going to deliberately
misunderstand and then tell everyone how shit i am.  _again_???

 l.