[Freedombox-discuss] Call to Participate
- Subject: [Freedombox-discuss] Call to Participate
- From: firstname.lastname@example.org (Jonas Smedegaard)
- Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2011 18:04:30 +0100
- Message-id: <[🔎] 20110309170430.GC7485@jones.dk>
- In-reply-to: <E1PxLnE-0004LO-TB@alioth.debian.org>
- References: <E1PxLnE-0004LO-TB@alioth.debian.org>
On Wed, Mar 09, 2011 at 03:59:20PM +0000, info at freedomboxfoundation.org wrote:
>The FreedomBox Foundation is just at the beginning of our efforts to
>collaborate with a worldwide community. We need to speak to everybody,
>everywhere, in their native language. That's why we're building
>translation into the project from the beginning.
>Today we are forming an internationalization team. If you are
>interested in helping us free this project from a monolingual prison,
>email me. We'll organize language-based groups to translate text and
>transcribe audio. We'll facilitate communication among those groups
>for as much consistency as possible.
>People from several countries (most notably Germany) have volunteered
>to translate, and we need to develop a way to do translation
>systematically. We also need many more people with more language
>skills, including English.
>So email the FreedomBox Foundation at <join at freedomboxfoundation.org>.
>Tell us what languages you can help with. We'll put together teams.
Could you please elaborate some more on other parts of this than just
your seeking volunteers?
I am quite concerned whether this Foundation - still curious what it is
- wants to create its own technical structures or integrate with debian
resources or use Google, Ubuntu or other more or less commercial
* Jonas Smedegaard - idealist & Internet-arkitekt
* Tlf.: +45 40843136 Website: http://dr.jones.dk/
[x] quote me freely [ ] ask before reusing [ ] keep private
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 836 bytes
Desc: Digital signature