- Subject: [Freedombox-discuss] Introductions
- From: email@example.com (Jonas Smedegaard)
- Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2010 18:53:14 +0200
- Message-id: <[🔎] 20100901165314.GZ12548@jones.dk>
- In-reply-to: <20100830114308.GK5282@jones.dk>
- References: <AANLkTinMqo13eOZA+SCuVLuEkxgovX0egOKVu9kaXhhR@mail.gmail.com> <20100830091544.GB5282@jones.dk> <AANLkTikK9OpGPzSwhsU5JJiShhQmANiQCqJs+x065Hc0@mail.gmail.com> <20100830100427.GG5282@jones.dk> <AANLkTi=3_qtco2ghMBvxrorBXrx=HafCLWkUooHHO4_j@mail.gmail.com> <20100830114308.GK5282@jones.dk>
On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 01:43:09PM +0200, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
>On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 11:14:48AM +0000, Bjarni R?nar Einarsson wrote:
>>On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 10:04 AM, Jonas Smedegaard <dr at jones.dk> wrote:
>>>[...] I worry that creating-code initiatives have a high risk of
>>>getting nowhere if attempted to be realized here. Too many cooks may
>>I think you make an excellent point - there is lots and lots of
>>fantastic software out there, making what we already have easy to
>>deploy and use is the quickest way to come up with something useful
>>and start having impact. Rather than reinvent wheels, we should
>>make the ones we have as easy to use as possible.
>>That said - do you have pointers (links etc.) for those of use who
>>are actually writing what we feel are missing pieces of this
>>particular puzzle, to help us make progress on adding our code to
>>the Debian package tree?
>To help improve already packaged pieces, try
>http://www.debian.org/intro/help (especially point 4).
>To tell Debian that you found/created some software that might be
>interesting for someone to package, file a so-called "RFP" (request
>for packaging) bugreport. This is documented at
>http://www.debian.org/devel/wnpp/ but of you already use Debian or a
>derivative thereof, I recommend to *not* send a plain email but
>instead use the commandline tool "reportbug" found in the Debian
>package of the same name: That tool helps guide you through composing
>a well-formed bugreport.
>When filing an RFP bugreport, you will 5-10 minutes later recieve a
>confirmation. Check the mail headers: one of the email addresses
>contain a 6 digit number which is the bugreport number. Add this
>number to the FreedomBox wiki page, to encourage Debian developers
>interested in FreedomBox to package your code.
There's also an excellent guide for upstreams here:
* Jonas Smedegaard - idealist & Internet-arkitekt
* Tlf.: +45 40843136 Website: http://dr.jones.dk/
[x] quote me freely [ ] ask before reusing [ ] keep private
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 836 bytes
Desc: Digital signature