Re: Font Awesome embeded in 312 Debian packages

Quoting rba777@protonmail.ch (2020-04-08 22:39:40)
> Hi all, by accident I was looking for the package name
> fonts-font-awesome which I did not remember at the time. So I made a
> query with apt-file to look for the package that would allow me to get
> fontawesome-webfont.ttf. I was somewhat surprised to see there was
> indeed a lot of them, and I mean *a lot* :
>
> $ apt-file search fontawesome-webfont.ttf |cut -f1 -d: |sort |uniq |wc -l
>
> 313
>
> if my analysis is correct that means we currently have 312 (dismissing
> fonts-font-awesome, which is the rightful «owner» of the file)
> packages that choose to embed the font instead of using a dependency.
> Obviously there is little chance that someone would need all of the
> 312 packages at the same point in time but is this situation somehow
> to be expected or does something should be done to fix it ? In which
> case I would be OK contacting the different maintainers but I've got
> no official Debian position right now...

You need no official title or position to help file bugreports.

Please file a bugreport, that's better actionable than sharing
information loosely on a mailinglist _without_ tying it to a bugreport.

 - Jonas