Re: fonts-recommended

Quoting Fabian Greffrath (2020-02-17 08:32:49)
> Am 17.02.2020 02:52, schrieb Adam Borowski:
> > and late suggestion from the last discussions were:

> > * removal or demotion to Recommends of regular noto (reason: spams
> >   font selection dialogs to the point of making them unusable)
>
> Yes, please kill fonts-noto. Adding 150 individual entries to the font
> selection dialog is not useful. We really cannot "recommend" this.

Then I don't understand the purpose of this package: It explicitly says
in its long description that it is for users not caring about bloat, and
"coverage of all writing systems".

> Am 17.02.2020 03:12, schrieb Norbert Preining:
> > On Mon, 17 Feb 2020, Adam Borowski wrote:
> >> # TeX
> >>         fonts-urw-base35,
> >
> > Not relevant for TeX, can be dropped from the list from the TeX
> > point of view. Of course, the fonts might be useful for other
> > reasons.
>
> It's definitely useful (read: crucial) for viewing Postscript and PDF
> documents, so please keep it.

If crucial for specific applications, please file bugreports against
those applications - have us *not* paper of such issues by pulling it in
here.

 - Jonas