Re: fonts-recommended

Hi Adam,

Am 17.02.2020 02:52, schrieb Adam Borowski:
After a year in NEW, fonts-recommended is in the archive. Well-hidden, as
parts of our infrastructure don't like native packages with version 0.

well, high time for a version '1' upload then. :D

and late suggestion from the last discussions were:
* removal or demotion to Recommends of regular noto (reason: spams font
  selection dialogs to the point of making them unusable)

Yes, please kill fonts-noto. Adding 150 individual entries to the font selection dialog is not useful. We really cannot "recommend" this.

* addition of Comic Neue

This. And I think we also need one or two more "characteristic" fonts, like e.g. a replacement for Impact - does anyone know one?

So... what fonts YOU would want added/removed?

I am using fonts-firacode for coding and fonts-hack for the terminal. So, I'd suggest to add at least one of them, probably as a replacement for fonts-noto-mono.