Re: RFS: fonts-play update

Hi,

Am 02.12.2019 22:31, schrieb Martin Erik Werner:
I'm looking for a sponsor for an updated version of the fonts-play
package, available via:

sorry, but the packaging raises some questions for me:

* Why again do you take the TTF fonts from the google font directory and convert them to OTF fonts? * In the copyright file you claim that everything but the source files and the font generation scripts have been removed from the source tarball - but this doesn't seem to be true anymore. If there are sources available for this font, it is usually considered unacceptable to upload only the binary formats into the Debian main section! * In this context, you point the Homepage field to the google font directory. This, however, is most certainly not the homepage for this font but merely a huge directory where any given font under a suitable license is archived. * In the get-orig-source rule in debian/rules you are doing a SVN checkout of a GIT repository. Is this supposed to work that way? I never even tried this out.

Thank you for your work on this!

 - Fabian