Re: fonts-sil-awami-nastaliq_2.000-1_amd64.changes REJECTED

On 2019-07-16 7:49 a.m., Debian FTP Masters wrote:
> ACL dm: not allowed to upload source package 'fonts-sil-awami-nastaliq'

I uploaded a source only package to ftp-master and received the message
above. Fabian, can you give me the needed permissions as a DM to upload
this package? Eventually, I would like to be able to upload any
fonts-sil-* package. Once the needed permissions are granted, will my
name appear on [1]? If so, that way I can see when permission is granted.

Related to the issue of source only package uploads is the
fonts-sil-annapurna. 1.203-1 is in stable and testing, 1.204-1 is in
unstable and the next release of Ubuntu (eoan). The package will not
migrate [2] since the binary package was uploaded during the freeze, and
now source only packages are required for package updates.

How do I fix this? If I upload a source only version of 1.204-1, then
the package might be slightly different than what is already in Ubuntu
and Debian unstable.

If I bump the version to 1.204-2, I would guess that there might be an
issue since by default the packaging scripts do not include the source
in the upload unless the Debian version is -1. IIUC, I could use
pbuilder --source-only-changes --debbuildopts -sa to work around the issue.

[1] https://ftp-master.debian.org/dm.txt
[2] https://qa.debian.org/excuses.php?package=fonts-sil-annapurna

Thanks, Bobby

--