Re: woff file triggers lintian

Quoting Fabian Greffrath (2018-12-17 17:08:58)
> Adam Borowski wrote:
> > Thus, all that we need is to come to agreement in this thread,
> > update our policy, then let lintian folks know.  There's no formal
> > process, merely a discussion of members of this list, of which you
> > are one.
>
> I agree with Bobby that it's a problem that lintian considers fonts
> outside of /usr/share/fonts a bug per-se and I agree with Adam that we
> need to get our own documentation right before we propose a change to
> lintian.
>
> I think the difference between fonts in /u/s/fonts and those outside
> is if they should be discovered by fontconfig or not.
>
> Thus, I'd like to propose a change to our wordings in the Wiki to
> reflect this, but I am not sure how to do that. There isn't anything
> like a merge-request or patch review available for Wikis, right? If
> you dont object, I'll post the paragraph that I'd like to adjust here
> and you guys tell me if you are alright with this change, okay?

I guess I have been the most sceptical in the past to this - and I am
fine with you "hacking" directly in the wiki:

 * It is a wiki: Anyone can distort or clarify at will
 * We can easily revert or clarify further as needed
 * We can point to specific revisions in discussions as needed

Also, I think I have calmed down since then - but we'll see if what you
have in mind awaken the beast in me again... ;-)

 - Jonas