[Pkg-fonts-devel] fonts-georgewilliams brings up ugly ligatures

Dear maintainers,

just want to inform you that installing package "fonts-georgewilliams" brings up annoying side effects:
gtk-based applications, like firefox or zim, start to pruduce ligatures, but in wrong size, which makes texts difficult to read.
Look at "ff" and "st" in the following screenshot:

(It looks like a replacement char, but is a real ligature, as you still can select a single character.)

Well, I'm not a typesetter nor a designer, but this really hurts even me :-)

It took me some hours to find out where all that came from. After purging "fonts-georgewilliams" and just reloading the page in firefox, the example before instantaneously reverts to

Hence, it would be desirable if the fonts in that package did not unaskedly apply for system's default "family monospace", as I suppose.
At least, there should be some warning words before installation, because most people are unlikely to notice the coherence between installation of "fonts-georgewilliams" and those effects.

Yours sincerely,

Elmar

--

Elmar Dolgener [Tel. 09131-85-25252, Fax -29931, Zi. 01.141]
Lehrstuhl fuer Informatik 9 (Graphische Datenverarbeitung)