Re: [Pkg-fonts-devel] Possible abuse of dpkg-deb -z9 for xz compressed binary packages

Quoting Changwoo Ryu (cwryu@debian.org):

> In my quick experiments with some font packages, "-Sextream -z9"
> option still gives  ~4% smaller size than the default. IMO this is
> still significant for big font packages.

Yes, that choice of the fonts team is based on a detailed experiment
conducted by Hideki Yamane and presented at DebConf 12.

Yamane-san's presentation had many numbers which I personnally found
convincing.