Re: [Pkg-fonts-devel] RFS: xfonts-bolkhov

Quoting Daniel Martí (danielmarti.debian@gmail.com):

> >Section should be "fonts". Anyway...
>
> I left that as it was before. Should I change it to "fonts"? Then why was it x11 up until now?

Because nobody paid attention to the lintian warnings, I guess...:)

> >I wonder: is there really a point in having more bitmapped fonts in
> >Debian.
> >
> >From my understanding, these are now much less useful than they were
> >in the past, in these days where fontconfig et al. are doing great
> >automatic job in  dealing with TrueType/OpenType scalable fonts.
> >
> >I'm not against uploading the package, but just want to be sure that
> >it has a real potential use not covered by existing vector fonts.
>
> I don't know much about that. I am just trying to help out in cleaning this package. If you believe this kind of packages should be removed from the archive, let me know.
>
> Bt, by the way, I use the terminus font which is located in a xfonts package. I don't see any problem at all.

Oh, sorry, I though you were talking about a *new* package. As this is
indeed about updating an existing package, I see less problems...:-)

I haven't checked yet (and I'm not in a position to do so right now),
but is this a package that you were previously already maintaining or
is this taking the package over from the previous maintainer.

Anyway, I'll have a look at the package and send you some
feedback. Just need a bit of patience as I have no idea yet when I can
take time to look at this.

Adding this to my TODO pile..:)