Re: [Pkg-fonts-devel] RFS: xfonts-bolkhov

Quoting Daniel Martí (danielmarti.debian@gmail.com):
> Dear mentors,
>
> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "xfonts-bolkhov".
>
>    Package name    : xfonts-bolkhov
>    Version         : 1.1.20001007-7
>    Upstream/URL    : No upstream, as it seems. Snapshot from 2000.
>    Section         : x11

Section should be "fonts". Anyway...

I wonder: is there really a point in having more bitmapped fonts in
Debian?

From my understanding, these are now much less useful than they were
in the past, in these days where fontconfig et al. are doing great
automatic job in  dealing with TrueType/OpenType scalable fonts.

I'm not against uploading the package, but just want to be sure that
it has a real potential use not covered by existing vector fonts.