Re: [Pkg-fonts-devel] RFC: Getting linux-libertine modernized

Quoting Khaled Hosny (khaledhosny@eglug.org):

> No it is not. I, for one, don't like people asking me to rename my fonts
> (and it actually happened) it feels a bit insulting; "You don't seem to
> know how to choose a proper name for your work, here is a better one."

Your fonts are not using "Linux" in their name..:-)

Also, suggesting upstream to reconsider renaming their font (or
adopting a clearer policy) has no reason to be insulting if done
properly, without enough context, explanations...and respect for their
work.

For sure, I certainly don't want to enter a naming fight with
upstream, here (particularly because the only part we'd like to rename
is the package name...something we, in Debian, are completely entitled
to choose the way we want).

A compromise (that doesn't have my preference) would be naming the
package "fonts-linuxlibertine" making it clearer that "linux" is not a
foundry name.