Re: [Pkg-fonts-devel] RFS: ttf-sil-andika

Holger Levsen wrote:
Hi Nicolas,

On Sunday 22 June 2008 23:16, Nicolas Spalinger wrote:
The updated Andika open font has been released.

Cheers!

You kindly reviewed/sponsored the previous version of the package (the
design reviews), could you please do the same for the updated package:

yes, I'm happy to do so :) Right now I'm too tired, but I'll do so within 24h, rather less...

Thanks for the quick answer, I know you're very busy :-)

http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/t/ttf-sil-andika/ttf-sil-andika_
1.0.basic-1.dsc

From a very brief look I wonder about this version nummer :)

http://scripts.sil.org/cms/scripts/page.php?site_id=nrsi&item_id=Andika_download&_sc=1#801ab246 mentions you are upstream for the linux packages, so you should^wwill know for sure :) But is the version really 1.0.basic? I couldnt find a tar.gz on that page, only "AndikaBasicR_10.zip" and "AndikaBasicR_10.exe" - but from that I would guess "Basic" is part of the font-name or the release name and shouldn't/doens't have to be part of the version?

It's the Andika font family, and this particular version is Andika Basic which replaces the previous Andika Design Reviews.

It's more like a release tag within the wider Andika project.

I initially did an ITP for ttf-sil-andika-basic (and the corresponding packaging work in svn) but since this newer version replaces the design reviews I thought it would be better to provide an upgrade path and keep the same name as the existing package to keep it from going through NEW.

Does that sound good to you?

yes, the upstream orig tarball is constructed from the zip and isn't published on the upstream page at this point.

Obviously, if you say the version is "1.0.basic", the version is "1.0.basic" :-)

regards & thanks for maintaining ttf-sil-andika!
	Holger

Cheers,

--
Nicolas Spalinger