Re: [Pkg-fonts-devel] RFS: ttf-ecolier-court (updated package)

Christian Perrier wrote:
Quoting Nicolas Spalinger (nicolas_spalinger@sil.org):
Dear pkg-fonts team,

I am looking for a sponsor for my package "ttf-ecolier-court".

A few comments.

Hi Christian,

Thanks for your helpful comments.

1) From lintian:

W: ttf-ecolier-court: script-not-executable ./usr/share/bug/ttf-ecolier-court/script

Indeed, in debian/rules:

install: build
        dh_testdir
        dh_testroot
        dh_clean -k
        dh_install
        chmod 755 debian/bug/script
        dh_install

The second dhinstall reverts the +x setting on debian/bug/script

2) From lintian

W: ttf-ecolier-court: debian-changelog-line-too-long line 1

That should be fixed

Fixed in svn.

I was doing my lintian/linda checks on testing (and it didn't catch these). Now I'm doing them on unstable.

3) in debian/control:

 Cursive font covering the basic latin range with a ink and dip pen

Do sentences:

This package provides a cursive...."

 style. This version includes small descenders. Such
 fonts are widely used in education settings.

Fixed.

 .
 Author: Jean-Marie Douteau

The mention of the author IMHO does not belong to the package
description.

I've picked it up from other packages. (I think it was Tollef Fog Heen who suggested it to me a while ago along with the Homepage: field).

IMHO it's useful to know about the upstream authors - especially for fonts designers when sometimes the metadata/readme files inside the font aren't really descriptive enough - but I'm ready to remove it if needed (a few other packages already use it). I'm curious to know more about why this does not belong there.

Cheers,

--
Nicolas Spalinger
http://scripts.sil.org