Re: Gnash on ppc

 --- Paul Wise <pabs3@bonedaddy.net> escribió:

> On Sun, 2006-06-04 at 21:37 -0400, Albert Cahalan wrote:
>
> > If it relys on OpenGL, it ought to go in non-free. In general you'd be
> > encouraging people to install proprietary video drivers from NVidia
> > and ATI. These drivers would need x86 emulation on most of the
> > platforms Debian supports, but nobody has yet been insane enough.
>
> You mean contrib rather than non-free? I don't think it is appropriate
> to put it in contrib, xorg contains 3D drivers for enough cards
> (including ati) and there is work to write free nvidia drivers:

I'm using OpenGL acceleration in my ATI Radeon card without using any
proprietary drivers. I don't really see the point why _every_ program that
uses OpenGL should go to contrib. Gnash, as well as many other OpenGL-based
programs, does not depend on nothing in non-free.

> http://nouveau.freedesktop.org/wiki/RequiredFunctionality
> (focused on reverse engineering for now)
> http://r300.sf.net/
> (now merged)
>
> Also, I think there is talk of using cairo for rendering too? Is that
> the case Miriam?

That's right. The project is undergoing through many changes right now, one of
them is using cairo for rendering and getting it independent of OpenGL.
Upstream also wants to make the code independent of SDL, and use FLTK instead.

> > Another thing to do before release: run under valgrind <snip>
>
> I couldn't agree more!

Me too, but please remember the project is still in a developing stage, that's
why I'm proposing it to experimental. Please do not consider it stable
software yet, even though it might be useful for some people.

Miry

Correo Yahoo!
Regístrate ya - http://correo.yahoo.es